World Philosophy Day is annually observed on the third Thursday of November to honor philosophical reflections around the world. It is a day for people to share thoughts, openly explore and discuss new ideas and inspire public debate or discussion on society’s challenges.
- May 2011, New Horizons in Eastern Humanism: Buddhism, Confucianism and the Quest for Global Peace
- December 2010, Governance of Life in Chinese Moral Experience–The quest for an adequate life
- April 2010, The Global Significance of Concrete Humanity——Essays on the Confucian Discourse in Cultural China
- The 1st Sinyi Lecture was held on Dec. 8, 2016
- Nov. 26th to Nov. 28th, 2016, The Workshop “Confucianism in the Age of Enlightenment” was held at Peking University
- Powered by Google Translate.
Category Archives: Honors
BEIJING (CNTV) – Professor Tu Weiming is awarded the CNTV Personality of the Year Award 2012 for Disseminating Chinese Culture to the World. Tu Weiming was introduced by Christian Murck, the President of the American Chamber of Commerce in China, and a trophy … Continue reading
On December 20, 2010, Humanities Foundation of Peking University presented awards to 53 outstanding teachers at its very first awards ceremony. Professor Tu Weiming was one of the professors who received the awards at the event. For a complete report … Continue reading
Tu Weiming (Research Professor and former Harvard-Yenching Professor of Chinese History and Philosophy and of Confucian Studies) was elected titular member of the Institute of International Philosophy (IIP), representing China, by its latest general assembly (held in Paris on September 17). IIP, the oldest … Continue reading